Thursday, September 11, 2008

Before I die I want to...



  • Follow God's will for my life...please Him first and foremost
  • Be a grandmother of many
  • Have everyone I love around me at one time
  • Make and keep good friends
  • Ride a horse in the surf with someone I love
  • Travel worldwide...Israel, Egypt, Italy, France, England...
  • Collect a coin from every country
  • Give Bible studies
  • Make an impact on my world...my family, my community, my friends and co-workers
  • Jump off a bridge...for fun!
  • Laugh until I cry
  • Stay debt-free
  • Learn a second language...Spanish, French, Swedish, Sign...
  • Teach someone to read
  • Wear heels every day for a month
  • Have lots of children
  • Be a Proverbs 31 woman
  • Study world religions
  • Marry the will of God for me
  • Live up to the high expectations of those who love me
  • Write letters...real pen-and-ink letters...not email!
  • Memorize whole books of the Bible...I'm starting with Phillipians
  • Have a vast library of the classics...and read them all
  • Dance in front of Bel-Air
  • Adopt a child
  • Run ten miles
  • Live in a dump and make it beautiful
  • Have a fairy-tale wedding
  • Walk where Jesus walked (that's Israel!!!!)
  • Play the piano well
  • Take lots of pictures
  • Give out 100 one dollar bills...one at at time!
  • Rent a nice car and go somewhere
  • Have a conversation with Nina where we DON'T disagree (impossible goal...but I'm working on it!!! ;O)
  • Pray all night long
  • See my daddy and Rush back in church
  • Be a leader
  • Go to the top of the Empire State building
  • Read every version of the Bible
  • Break a piggy bank to buy something I've been saving for
  • Eat something strange...not sushi!
  • Witness to an unlikely person
  • Go sky diving
  • Stare fear in the face and win
  • Eat dinner blind-folded
  • Watch a sunrise with someone I love
  • Live life to the fullest possible extent..."Live like I'm dying"...thanks Bro. Tyre
  • Be in a room full of yelling people and smile
  • Lap the church until I'm winded
  • Send packages to people I don't know...like Uganda
  • Have all my own teeth when I die
  • Be fashionably late to something
  • Support a missionary
  • Give my very best every day
  • Praise Him anyway
  • Visit all the homes I've lived in
  • Study my family geneology on both sides
  • Cook for hundreds of people
  • Plant a tree
  • Learn to play a sport I don't like
  • Play matchmaker
  • Ask Liz Waage to do my hair
  • Write a book
  • Plant a garden
  • Dream big...and work to see it happen
  • Know my language and use it properly in speech and writing
  • Measure my words
  • Give up junk food
  • Become a master flower arranger
  • Wear wild clothes
  • Lead others into truth
  • Dance
  • Learn about the heavens and stars
  • Swim with dolphins
  • Learn to imprint Bibles
  • Go down in a cage with a shark
  • Be an original
  • Complete a knitting or crochet project
  • Plan everything in advance for a week
  • Temper my sarcastic tendency
  • Be a servant
  • Sway like a black sista'
  • Follow hard after God
  • Take voice lessons
  • Milk a cow
  • Dress up for no reason
  • Own a fish
  • Fast for 21 days
  • Live by candlelight for a week
  • Be a cheerful old lady who talks a lot...lots of great stories!
  • Be in more than one place at a time...like standing on a border


    • Some of these I can already check off (like finishing a knitting project and owning a fish), but to do everything on my list will take lots of time, money and effort.

      And while I do want to do all of these things, the item most important to me would be to follow God's will for my life...dancing in front of Bel-Air and having Liz Waage do my hair are just for fun!

      8 comments:

      TRC Rockers said...

      "Dance in front of Bel-Air" Explanation please! "Have all my own teeth when I die", I'm so proud of you I could cry! What's up with the sky diving, shark, bridge jumping? Great Post! I hope you don't mind but I think I'm going to steal a few of your list and then post my own.
      P.S. Planning everything a week in advance isn't a big deal, it's seeing it through that's difficult. I know you can do it!

      James Wilder said...

      I love this list. Good thing you're young - it's all right before you!

      Anonymous said...

      My Bestest Friend in the World I Love you and your Craziness... LOL Remind me to be on vacation when you go down with the shark and by the way dont try to pet it cuz you ain't get my arm as a replacement. I wanna do the "Liz Waage Do" with you some time that would be some interesting stuff LOl.

      Music Eloquence said...

      Wow girl!! This is an impressive list... now this is what you call "LIVING." I noticed this post dates back to 9/ll so I bet you already have some of these crossed off. There's only one life to live so LIVE IT FULLY!!! It reminds me of a journal I gave to Emily Wilder for her (14th?) birthday. I put a bunch of notes/instructions in it on how to really live life. I love love love this post. You can do it girl!! Love you too!!

      Mary Frances said...

      Thats cool!! I love this list! I want to make my own now!!! AND heeey when you are giving out those hundreds I hope I am standing next to you!!! HAHA! ;)

      Mary Frances said...

      I have also always wanted to adopt a child and write a book!!! Do you like writing? I am always trying to meet other Apostolic writers! Heeey If you have a chance come check out my sight... maryfranceswriting.blogspot.com

      Anonymous said...

      I visited you place this morning! I am over 50 and made a "Goal" list. I am "marking" things off,too. Enjoy what God has to offer! Lord Bless You! Sis. Debbie from Beaumont, Tx.

      Anonymous said...

      Come tell us what you want to do before you die:

      www.beforeidieiwantto.org

      click on the "submit" button. Hope to see your photos in our PO box.